TO WHOM HAS DELL INSPIRON 1520 BUILT IN MICROPHONE IS NOT WORKING.
I have Dell Inspiron 1520 and I have issue to built in microphone is not working. I tried to execute the Sigma Tel driver
from Dell Driver
and Support website but prompted 'Exit Error; Error : Device Object not present, Restart system and run setup. Then, asked Dell support to help and they are not really helpful, after System Restore and drivers
upload and finally asked to reformat the laptop........
Anyway, this is what works for me.
1) Download the Sigma Tel driver
from Dell Support Drivers
page and save it in Desktop
2) Shutdown your computer
3) Start your computer and press F8 at the Dell Logo page
4) Select Safe Mode (not others)
5) Proceed to work on Safe Mode
6) Right-click the Sound icon and activate the Sound icon
7) Select Recording device.
8) If still not working, then execute the Sigma Tel driver that saved in desktop
then, shutdown the computer and start as normal, you may see the system able to detect the built in Microphone then.