I downloaded the 'driver' on the gateway website:
after downloading & Extracting the file. a 'read-me' file pops up.
This document describes the steps necessary to install the Tablet PC button drivers for the notebook computer models listed in the Applicable Part Numbers section below.
1. From the Start menu, right-click Computer, and then click Manage.
2. In the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
3. In the left pane, click Device Manager.
4. In Device Manager, click the plus sign (+) next to Human Interface Devices. 5. Click Tablet PC Buttons,
and then from the Action menu, click Update Driver Software.
6. The Hardware Update Wizard displays. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
7. In the Update Driver Software dialog box, type or browse to the C:\Cabs\D20113-002-001 folder. Click Next.
8. Open the D20113-002-001 folder and confirm the selection of the qttabbtn.inf file. Click Open.
9. Follow all onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
I get stuck at step number 5.. I do not have a 'Tablet PC buttons'!! (this is the reason why I need to download it..).. it seems to me this 'driver download' is actually an update for the driver. and not the driver its self.?
I downloaded other drivers from them, for my computer and they all worked great.. they all had easy 'install' buttons... but this one... nooo.. it has some kind of step by step thing that doesn't work!
I talked to several tech people at gateway... each one just sent me to the same page to download that same 'driver update'...
and then finally the last one I got my point across that THAT driver step by step does not work.. and they told me that the 'last option' is to send me to some tech support thing called 'answers' that you have to pay 59.99 for a half hour of tech support... I don't know about you. but thats steep!!
anyways.. I hope someone can help me..