I'm having this big issue with Vista and First Person Shooters. While playing I get a random "freeze", it only lasts for 1 millisecond and this happens every 5mins~. Sometimes worse and sometimes it may last longer like tonight in 1 game, it didn't happen for 30mins~ of game play.
The thing is it doesn't happen in Windows XP (32bit). I've basically replaced every part of my PC and it hasn't fixed the issue. I have tried:
- 3 Different Graphics Cards (8800GTX, HD4870 and a GTX260+)
- Replaced Motherboard
- 3 Different CPU's (2 different E8400's and a E6600)
- Replaced PSU (Last PSU was a OCZ GameXtream 850W, now I have a Corsair HX1000W)
- I have tried 1 RAM(2GB) stickk at a time (I have 4GB all up)
My PC Specs:
Another thing to add in is it also happens with Windows 7 64bit.
- E8400 @ 4.00GHz
- GTX 260 SP216 (702/1512/1044)
- 4GB(2GBx2) G-Skill PI PC8800 @ 890MHz For Now
- Corsair HX1000W
- 1.160TB (750GB WD, 250GB Samsung, 160GB WD)
I have also tried a RANGE of drivers and no go.