Originally Posted by Jillian
If you can't get your "Command Prompt" back, you can always re-create it by creating a shortcut to "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe":
- Right-click the Start button, and click "Open"
- Right-click an empty earea in the Windows Explorer view, point to "New", then click on "Shortcut"
- Type "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe" (without quotes), or click "Browse" and locate "cmd.exe" in the "C:\Windows\System32" folder.
- Click Next
- Type a name for the shortcut, which in this case should be "Command Prompt"
- Click "Finish"
- The new shortcut will now be visible on your start menu when you click on "All Programs"
Additionally, if you want to still use the Run command, but can't get it back to the start menu, you can always use the <WIN_LOGO_KEY>+<R> keyboard shortcut.