Windows Vista Forums

Computer Problem

  1. #1



    Newbie
    Join Date : Jun 2008
    Posts : 9
    Vista Home Premium 32bit
    Local Time: 10:02 AM

    Computer Problem

    k i have an acer aspire 9410 intel core 2 duo t2500 windows vista home premium 32bit (i think >.>) SP1 nvidia geforce GO 7300 128mb(yaya it sucks) and i have no discs for vista what so ever the only thing i got was the laptop and a box for it and im not sure if this will help me but ever sence a recent download (think it was one for media player or that) vista takes me 30 minutes before i can run an application and now my usb mouse will some times disconnect for no reason at all. i really need help im losing my mind im starting to consider a mac

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.   


  3. #2



    Member
    Join Date : May 2008
    wolverine MICHIGAN territory
    Posts : 63
    Vista Business x64
    Local Time: 12:02 PM
    usa

     

    Re: Computer Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhacker View Post
    k i have an acer aspire 9410 intel core 2 duo t2500 windows vista home premium 32bit (i think >.>) SP1 nvidia geforce GO 7300 128mb(yaya it sucks) and i have no discs for vista what so ever the only thing i got was the laptop and a box for it and im not sure if this will help me but ever sence a recent download (think it was one for media player or that) vista takes me 30 minutes before i can run an application and now my usb mouse will some times disconnect for no reason at all. i really need help im losing my mind im starting to consider a mac
    You should be posting a new thread in the Vista software support forums and not the Tutorials, but oh well.

    I'd say first start somewhere other than a reinstall. It is possible that booting into safe mode will tell you if your mouse and other things operate as normal with fewer startup items running. Also, you can use a program such as Ccleaner (google it) to help clean things up a bit. This program targets startup items, registry errors, windows installer errors, and temporary files from many programs. Another thing to think about is that you may have a virus or other malicious program running every time you boot. There are many free utilities out there to do scans with. Performing routine Windows utilities can also help, or point you in the direction of a problem. You would need to run as admin, but a full chkdsk could correct some issues.

    If you still want to continue with a reinstallation of Windows, read the following:

    Quite a while back, Acer joined the ranks of those companies including no reinstall media with their computers. Instead, there is a partition on the hard drive used for recovery, which most times brings the computer back to factory settings. This means you will want to back up any data you do not want to lose. On many Acers, there is an item on the start menu from which you can initiate a factory recovery. It is usually titled Acer eRecovery. When you start it up, it will verify you want ot continue, and reboot your computer into recovery mode. The other option, which should also be used for non-booting systems, is to use hotkeys on startup. When the system is booting, you would need to press a set of keys to enter recovery mode. I believe on most Acers this is Alt+F10. In any case, you'd always want to back up files when dabbling with the manufacturers factory recovery. You may select a non destructive recovery (one that does not remove your programs or files) but get one anyway.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #3
    sidney1st's Avatar

    Member
    Join Date : Apr 2008
    Paris
    Posts : 968
    Ultimate SP1 x64 & x86
    Local Time: 06:02 PM


     

    Re: Computer Problem

    If your problem is very recent you could restore at a date before the update which "corrupted" your system, if you cannot restore, then did you try to deinstall the update?

    With regards to consider a Mac, i just installed today Vista with dualboot on my daughter's Mac..... She did not love me for at least 2 hours

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #4



    Newbie
    Join Date : Jun 2008
    Posts : 9
    Vista Home Premium 32bit
    Local Time: 10:02 AM


      Thread Starter

    Re: Computer Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by bad_the_ba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhacker View Post
    k i have an acer aspire 9410 intel core 2 duo t2500 windows vista home premium 32bit (i think >.>) SP1 nvidia geforce GO 7300 128mb(yaya it sucks) and i have no discs for vista what so ever the only thing i got was the laptop and a box for it and im not sure if this will help me but ever sence a recent download (think it was one for media player or that) vista takes me 30 minutes before i can run an application and now my usb mouse will some times disconnect for no reason at all. i really need help im losing my mind im starting to consider a mac
    You should be posting a new thread in the Vista software support forums and not the Tutorials, but oh well.

    I'd say first start somewhere other than a reinstall. It is possible that booting into safe mode will tell you if your mouse and other things operate as normal with fewer startup items running. Also, you can use a program such as Ccleaner (google it) to help clean things up a bit. This program targets startup items, registry errors, windows installer errors, and temporary files from many programs. Another thing to think about is that you may have a virus or other malicious program running every time you boot. There are many free utilities out there to do scans with. Performing routine Windows utilities can also help, or point you in the direction of a problem. You would need to run as admin, but a full chkdsk could correct some issues.

    If you still want to continue with a reinstallation of Windows, read the following:

    Quite a while back, Acer joined the ranks of those companies including no reinstall media with their computers. Instead, there is a partition on the hard drive used for recovery, which most times brings the computer back to factory settings. This means you will want to back up any data you do not want to lose. On many Acers, there is an item on the start menu from which you can initiate a factory recovery. It is usually titled Acer eRecovery. When you start it up, it will verify you want ot continue, and reboot your computer into recovery mode. The other option, which should also be used for non-booting systems, is to use hotkeys on startup. When the system is booting, you would need to press a set of keys to enter recovery mode. I believe on most Acers this is Alt+F10. In any case, you'd always want to back up files when dabbling with the manufacturers factory recovery. You may select a non destructive recovery (one that does not remove your programs or files) but get one anyway.
    my bad im new here and ill take a look next time i get to my comp i do have avast antivirus and an anti spyware program running too also is Ccleaner free cause ive downloaded at least 7 programs to clean my registry and they all cost money and money is not something i have alot of and the last one i downloaded to clean my registry came up as spyware =/

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #5



    Newbie
    Join Date : Jun 2008
    Posts : 9
    Vista Home Premium 32bit
    Local Time: 10:02 AM


      Thread Starter

    Re: Computer Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by sidney1st View Post
    If your problem is very recent you could restore at a date before the update which "corrupted" your system, if you cannot restore, then did you try to deinstall the update?

    With regards to consider a Mac, i just installed today Vista with dualboot on my daughter's Mac..... She did not love me for at least 2 hours
    srry for the double post but i have restored to before i had the problem and its still not working also i REALLY dont like macs (dont ask) and how do i deinstall an update? i think the problem was an optional update called "windows media manager update" or somehthing like that im not on my laptop which has the problems but when i get home i can check

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #6



    Newbie
    Join Date : Jun 2008
    Posts : 9
    Vista Home Premium 32bit
    Local Time: 10:02 AM


      Thread Starter

    Re: Computer Problem

    k i also got this warning while looking under advanced tools

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #7



    Newbie
    Join Date : Jun 2008
    Posts : 9
    Vista Home Premium 32bit
    Local Time: 10:02 AM


      Thread Starter

    Re: Computer Problem

    Hi bad your info really helped at first i tried to clean up registry with ccleaner but it still didnt work so i used acer erecovery and now im running fine THANKS!:P

      My System SpecsSystem Spec


Computer Problem
Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Computer To Computer Networking Problem Network & Sharing
A problem of waking up my computer Vista General
I've got a serious problem with my computer Vista hardware & devices
Problem with cordless network ad hoc (of type computer-computer) Vista networking & sharing
Problem in shutting down the computer Vista performance & maintenance