Originally Posted by KOSSwifty
Let's see about getting rid of the startup error message:
- Press <WINDOWS_KEY>+<R> to open the RUN dialog
- Type "MSCONFIG" (without quotes) and press <ENTER>. You'll need to respond to a UAC prompt
- In the System Configuration Window, click on the "Startup" tab
- Expand the width of the "Command" column so you can see the command lines better
- Find the entries (if any) for all programs trying to run from "C:\Users", and disable them by clearing the checkmark for each particular entry
- While you're at it, disable all other unnecessary programs, such as updaters, etc. Try not to disable entries that may be related to your anti-virus software.
- Click OK to re-start the computer
If you disabled the correct entries, that message should be gone. If you find that you receive different error messages, then repeat the above procedure and re-enable some of the entries.
If even after all of this you still receive that obscure error message, then we'll look at other places that may be attempting to start an unauthorized program.
Also, do a scan for viruses and malware.