A have few problems with my fresh Vista Ultimate 64bit OS.
- Sometimes boot takes too long, hard restart than it boots up. In many cases explorer.exe hangs/freezes at sturtup, a have to manually end the process then restart it.
- Some programs started from quicklunch have a 30+ sec.delay.
- In start menu it takes years to get to an entry (for example MS office group to open...), a search indicator is shown instead of icon and it hangs too.
- When watching any video file mplayer classic freezez (like the old school w98 freez, sound shakes, screen stops..) for a few secs than it continues. Downloaded VLC player, it wokrs for now... but this isn't the solution anyway. I use VistaCodecPack with 64bit components.
- In normal use I have 60 processes in background (at the moment there are 14 svchost.exe-s and 8 control.exe-s ?!!?!?). One antivir is running, I am behind HW firewal and windows firewall is on..
These are my problems with this fresh install. I didn't had any trouble at install, in 50minutes I had the OS on th go with drivers installed.
I have tried the sfc /scannow
tip > Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations
Had a multiboot befor : XP + Vista + win7beta, I just get rid of it..thought Vista is the right joise for my hardware at the moment.
I don't know what to do with these problems, if someone has any idea, please give me an advice what should I try.