I am running a Fujitsu Lifebook with Intel Premium 1400MHz processor and 1.40 GHz, 504MB of RAM, running a Windows XP OS. I've been encountering frequent bluescreens (when running applications such as Firefox or high resolution games like Warcraft III) recently containing the following problem:
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow the steps:
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.
If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then Select Safe Mode.
*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0xF89A6590, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804D9F6C)
Beginning dump of physical memory.
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.
After looking at the diagnostic from microsoft.com, it instructed to download and install Windows SP4. Microsoft.com didn't have it, so I downloaded the SP(sp6i386.exe) as well as the patch(sp6patch_i386.exe) from an external website. Upon running the application, I encountered another error:
When extracting update.exe, the error shows:
"The procedure entry point setupapi.CM_Disable_Devnode could not be located in the dynamic library CFGMGR32.dll."
After looking online to resolve the problem, I've tried various remedies, but to no avail, such as:
(1) Running the application with different compatibilities, such as Windows 95/98, or using 256 color
(2) Downloading the same file from another website to replace my current CFGMGR32.dll, in case it's corrupted
One of the suggestions online was to run cmd, then i ran command prombt by typing cmd in run and then regsvr32cfgmgr32.dll.
The result is:
"cfgmgr32.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found."
Well that's all I'v got, hopefully someone out there can shed some light on this. If I'm not doing any of these right, please let me know, I've been frustrated over this problem for a while now.