Originally Posted by garysgold
Thanks for your response.
The problem occurred on or after 1 May. I know this, because that is the date of the last "successful" download.
By "successful", I mean that I was not forced to use Windows Explorer to create a new folder for the downloaded file.
I tried System Restore for 1 May, 28 April, 26 April, 24 April, and 22 April.
In all cases, Windows reported that System Restore was unable to restore my system
This is not unusual. My success rate with System Restore (including with WinXP) is probably only about 20%.
I have complete Genie system backups. But these take a couple of hours, so I will continue hacking. It's no big deal