I've seen this a number of times. Wife brought computer out of sleep mode and got this happy error message. Had been having problems bringing out of sleep mode in the past and had to power down on occassion.
Has anyone really found out what this means, as I have an inflicted computer with this nonsense, and can't boot up Vista64. Based on alot of wasted effort and reading, I have tried:
1. Running Repair - No errors detected.
2. Running Restored Points - same error message.
3. Got Disk from Dell - Repair from Bootable Disk - no errors detected.
4. Looked at Event Log - didn't really know what I was looking at (one user stated a corrupted .manifest file, which was nowhere in the log).
5. Chkdsk at the command line - no errors.
6. Can't run SFC, since I now have a pending repair that requires a reboot to finish, but never gets there.
7. Time to take a gun to my head.................
Any words of wisdom regarding this issue, or am I doomed???