Before I list some details, I just want to mention that I read through the info and tried the steps at the following link and outgoing links:
I have the following error message when trying to login to vista on my laptop:
The User Profile Service service failed the login.
User profile cannot be loaded.
Just before the problem happened I was working to remove the Anti Virus Live virus from my laptop via the techsupportforum.com forum.
Two things I did within the hour of the problem happening are:
1. I ran the malware removal program OTL
See step 5 at (http://tinyurl.com/pr92qn
2. I cleared and set system restore's cash-
as instructed in post#23 on my techsupportforum.com thread
(Anti Virus Live on my Laptop - Page 2 - Tech Support Forum)
- I can and am able to login to Safe Mode
- I do not have a program called System Restore in the System Tools folder
- In Safe Mode I was able to change my password, but in normal mode I get the same error message
- I did windows updates and then tried to remove some of those updates, with only a few files that wouldn't allow me to delete them.
Thank you for visiting my thread. If anyone has any ideas on how I can fix my problem it would be great to hear about them.
I would be happy to provide as many screen shots via Snagit photos and a link to Photobucket that someone woud like to see in working to fix my problem. Thanks.
*edit: Snagit and MS Outlook are not working properly in that I can send photos.