I have this problem with the vista details pane and I have not been able to find any solution. I have Windows Vista 32 bit Home Premium version. The problem is that:
1. My details pane is missing a lot of properties/tags . Only ones that are appearing are file date, file name, dated created.
2. When I go into a MP3 folder, same thing happens as I described in 1. Just the 4 tags appear and I don’t get any other tags that used to be there like artist name, rating, title, etc.
3. I cannot edit any Tag in the details pane. When everthing was working fine, I could go in the MP3 folder , I could edit the title, ratings etc. and Save it. But now I can’t do anything, the save button does not appear and the tags don’t go in edit mode.
Up till now I have tried the following solutions:
1. I have reset all the folder options in Vista by going to Folders/tools/reset defaults. (did not work)
2. After resetting the folders, I have also turned on the details pane option under Organize/Layout and the details under the Views. (did not work)
3. Under View, in the tool bar, I went to Customize This Folder and chose the Music Folder Option, All Items etc. (did not work)
4. Then on the Microsoft site, I found this solution “ Open Documents by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Documents., and click a file to apply properties. Then In the Details pane at the bottom of the folder window, click the property that you want to change, type the new property in the Tags.” But it did not work either as the “Tags” (shown in red) is not appearing anywhere in the details pane. Plus I could not find Tags anywhere in the folder options etc.
Another Microsoft solution I tried was “Open the folder that contains the file, Right-click the file, and then click Properties. In the Properties dialog box, click the Details tab, click the properties box that you want to change, type a word or phrase, and then click Apply. To add more than one property of the same type, separate each property with a semicolon.” This did not work either as the Tags (shown in red below) are not appearing anywhere in the Details tab (shown below), and the only details that is there is the same 4 properties I mentioned earlier i.e. date, file name, dated created. Nothing editable is appearing under that Details tab,
The hyperlink for Microsoft solutions is:
5. I also downloaded a utility from microsoft site , for resetting all the folder options to default and that did not work either.
6. I have also tried other utilities available on the net like “reset-vista-folders.zip”, “Default Programs Editor”, “ExplorerView”,
7. I have already checked the system for spyware, virus, and for registry problems. Its clean.
I really really welcome any feedback or solutions since this is driving me nuts.
Deeply appreciate your help. Thanks.