Originally Posted by Brink
Ok, followed the tutorial and after the restart I now have two Documents Folders under the username and desktop\username (the new one is empty - the original one still has all the folders in it from previously and I still cant delete it).
So, to try and clarify what I did to begin with:
(1) wanted to move My Documents folder FROM c:\My Documents TO c:\users\lynne\My Documents
(2) created new folder in new location
(3) right clicked on old location folder / properties / Location / Move & selected (so I thought) the new location
(4) believe I actually selected c:\users\
(5) clicked "yes" when asked to copy all files from old location to new location
(6) clicked "yes" again when warned that I was moving to a system folder (or something like that)
(7) ended up with all my user folders / files and my Documents files and folder all being merged and renamed "c:\users\Documents" - if I click on Documents fron the start menu I actually go to c:\users\documents\documents.
Does that help?