- I want to install SP1 and SP2 but SP1 for Windows Vista fails to install.
- 2 drives: OS and Recovery
- I successfully defragmented and cleaned the Recovery drive, backed up all of my files on an external hardrive, and "cleaned" the OS drive (my C drive).
- C: will not defragment until I check it for errors.
- I scheduled an error check but it will not run at startup.
- I tried multiple executive commands (according to microsoft.com instructions) to make the error check run and none worked.
I am hoping to check C for errors and go from there, and I am trying to avoid reverting back to factory settings, though that is fine for a last resort.
I am a self-taught intermediate computer user and I learn fast, but some of the complicated command language processes are beyond me.