After a Vista update, I am unable to start the Dell Dimension E520 computer. I have done all of the following:
1. Startup repair… didn’t work
2. System restore… no restore points could be found
3. Windows complete pc restore… no valid backup locations could be found
4. Windows memory diagnostic tool… no problems detected
5. Dell factory restore… completed but then still cannot restart
6. Run a chkdsk and all is ok... it did fail to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50
In addition, the screen graphics seem to be not functioning correctly. When I hit F10 or F12 to get into the BIOS, some of the letters are all scrambled.
I have a backup of all my data and was hoping to then restore this once Vista was working again.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
The following is reported...
Problem event name Startuprepairv2
Problem signature 01 Autofailover
Problem signature 02 6.0.6000.163184.108.40.20600.16386
Problem signature 03 0
Problem signature 04 65537
Problem signature 05 unknown
Problem signature 06 Failureduringsetup
Problem signature 07 0
Problem signature 08 0
Problem signature 09 Unknown
Problem signature 10 1168
Os version 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale id 1033