I've been working on a computer that is having this error with Microsoft Word 2010, Excel 2010 and Quicken (there may be others as well).
Thus far I have tried the following to no avail: System Restore to before the problem occured, SFC, sxstrace, .net reinstalls, Visual C++ reinstalls. I attempted to run the System Update Readiness tool but it just hung halfway 5 times and I left it open for over an hour each time (no error messages produced from this). I have also tried reinstalling quicken and office without successfully fixing the problem.
I have attached the applicable logs.
I would highly prefer not to reset to factory settings or reinstall because this client has a lot of propriatery business software that will be difficult to procure new install licenses for.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.