To save constant referral to my system specs, this is what I have;
- Acer Aspire 5630 Series Laptop., and
- Acer 22" LCD Monitor - X223Wsd.
I want to set up the monitor to use alongside the Laptop. When I tried to fire it up this evening, this is what happened;
- Laptop power 'Off'. Monitor connected to Laptop and powered 'On'.
- Laptop powered 'On'.
- Monitor showed a brief "Auto config" message before the Boot start-up screen appeared for the usual few seconds on the Monitor screen, followed by the "Microsoft" polling bar. The Laptop screen in the meantime was black and blank, no images appearing at all.
- Monitor then dropped out with a "No Signal" message, and went to stand-by power setting, as the Windows "Welcome Orb" appeared on the Laptop screen.
- Laptop then continued to open up per usual.
I tried to start the monitor by hitting the power button again, but no joy.
Also no indicators from my notification tray that new hardware has been recognised etc. and drivers installed etc.
What gives? Any advice please.
You'd think that one Acer would recognise another Acer in the crowd, now wouldn't you?