Join Date : Jun 2012
Posts : 1
Local Time: 06:51 AM
NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT PROBELM
I noticed an old thread around and found it because i experienced the same issue with my nvidia card an i have tried it with a couple models different from 8400M GT and this solution worked just fine.
At a point my graphics card went berserk and from that moment on i had some vertical blue lines over the entire display.
At first I thought it was a OS related issue but after i kept reading and browsing around i noticed that most people recommended to contact Vaio support and they should work out the issue for free in about 3-5 days.
Another solution would have been to bake the entire motherboard which to be honest, i didn't really have the guts to do it
I just wanted to let you all know that this solution really worked and my Vaio has been dunning just fine for the past 4 months without any issues as well as a couple of 2 other machines i applyed this solution to.
1. Buy thermal paste
2. Take your machine apart ( only the case until you can actually reach the video card)
3. Take a hair dryer and hold it at 3cm above your card and turn it on
4. Keep it running for about 2:30 - 3 minutes
5. Make yourself a tee or a cofee and let everything cool off (this is very important because when you apply the thermal paste it is cooler and you could crack something)
6. Apply thermal paste over the video card chip
7. Reasamble your machine
After this everything should run perfectly
Below is the video i used as a reference to do this and I can vouch that everything is up and running