Been working on this doing the usual searches and attempts at fixes.
First the hardware - hp dv9810uS with nVidia gEforce go 7150
The hp bios and graphics drivers
are upto date (were reinstalled anyway)
The problem - Wife was using about ywo weeks ago and the display lost all definition.At 1440x900 its thin even spaced vertical lines. Where the color portion crosses text the characters can be random colors. Drop it back to 1024x728 and things are readable.
- I checked all drivers,ran Malware and rootkit checker just to be sure.
- Hooked it to my monitor on desktop and all was fine.
- Ordered and installed new display panel.....no change.
- While doing that checked connections and wiring
- Checked power settings but its usually on wall power
- Windows updates are current
I can usually find and correct problems, keeping two servers,6 desktops and two laptops working.
This one has be stumped. I've searched and searched and closest thing seems to be this series nVidia chip problems , but thats usually a no display problem.
When I drop down the resolution its readable somewhat. oh and playing a movie no difference.
I've also tried tweaking.com repair tool (its helped me out a few times) and advancesystem care all for naught.
I would be most grateful for any and all input before I put a torch to this thing.