Ever since I added my 64bit Vista system to my home network, I have been experiencing intermittent connectivity problems on ALL of my network computers. Vista shows "Local Only". Sometimes, it shows that I have Local and Internet, but webpages don't actually load Here's the network map:
wall -> zoom dsl modem -> Linksys WRTU54G router -> computers
Steps taken to resolve the problem:
- Windows XP 32bit connected to Linksys via wireless.
- Mac OS X connected to Linksys via wireless.
- (New) Vista 64bit connected to Linksys via wired connection.
1) I've set the Linxus router to assign a static ip to each computer's MAC address.
2) Installed SP2 on Vista machine.
3) Set Vista machine network card Speed & Duplex from Auto Negotiate to 100mbps full duplex.
4) Set power settings for network card to never "go down".
5) Reset Windsock
6) Disabled Windows Firewall
7) Disabled most Firewall functions in Macafee
6) Power cycled router and modem several times.
7) Confirmed with ISP that it is NOT an ISP problem.
8) Uninstalled McAfee. Not a Fix
9) Tried wired connection directly to the modem.