Hi all! I am desperately seeking help regarding fixing my internet connection. I currently have my home PC connected to a Lynksys Modem and have Comcast high speed internet. We bought the computer in 2008 and have never had a problem until about 2 weeks ago. We went to access the internet and the dreaded error message appeared: Limited or No Connectivity. Until 2 weeks ago, I knew nothing about computer networking and still honestly know very little. I have searched around on the forums and have no clue how to fix this problem. These are the steps that I have done so far:
1) Spoke to Comcast in-depth and had them come out to confirm that it wasn't a problem with the service.
2) Purchased a new modem, registered it, and confirmed it is getting a strong signal
3) Did a full system scan in Command Prompt and confirmed that nothing is corrupt
4) Uninstalled Norton Security in case it was a firewall problem
5) Attempted to manually enter a new IP address and Subnet Mask (then computer said wrong IP configuration)
So, I am completely in need of desperate help with this right now. I have read in other forums that people have brought their computers into the Geek Squad at Best Buy, have paid $200 to try to fix this problem, and it still didn't get resolved. Here is all of my information from my ipconfig/all
Windows IP Configuration
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix
Link-Local IPv6 Address: fe80::582a:11d8:1911:c7a9%8
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address: 169.254.199.169
Subnet Mask: 255.255.000
Also, I have done a ipconfig/release, shut down the computer, and then did an ipconfig/renew to no avail.
Any help would be sooooo greatly appreciated!!!!!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!