OK... I have been having connectivity issues since August now..
I have had my Acer laptop with Vista for a year. The wireless internet always worked absolutely fine. Then, one day in August, I suddenly couldn't get online. It showed that I was connected to the internet but wouldn't let me load any web pages.
I initially tried resetting the router/modem, etc, but that didn't change anything. Then, my mom tested her laptop on the network, and it worked (and continues to work fine). So, I figured the problem was something with my laptop. I tried basically everything I could think of and find on the internet. Virus scans- nothing. Winsock fix- nothing. Ip renew/release- nothing. And so on and so forth. I finally reformatted the computer, and even that didn't fix it.
At this point I assumed it might be a hardware issue, and have been procrastinating on sending it into acer.
Well, last week my mother was in the hospital. I brought my laptop up to watch DVDS on. On a whim, I tried the internet. It worked!
So, the issue is not hardware, but something with my network...
Yesterday, I tried resetting the router again. I installed updated router firmware. I called comcast and Belkin. Belkin had me run all kinds of tests that show that I do have an internet connection and I am connecting to the router. But, for some reason, my computer is not letting me go that extra step on my home network. It's like vista locked my computer down on my network. I've shut off all firewalls.. .