Hopefully someone can help me with this.
Every morning I wake up, I have to re-start my computer in order to get Firefox or Internet explorer to work. Have tried all below with both wired and wireless connection. All other functions, icons and various do-dads work, just connecting. If I happen to pass out and forget to logout of either Mozilla or IE, the screen I was on stays up but when I hit re-fresh(IE) or reload (mozilla) the problem pops up.
1. Wake up and touch mouse, desktop comes up, no problem
2. Check network connection, all seems good. Network icon shows full connection, you see the globe symbol, all good.
3. Try to access either Internet Explorer, or Mozilla Firefox.
4. I.E. says it cannot connect and Mozilla says, well it says nothing at all except for "done" in bottom left corner of screen, but leaves a blank screen.
5. Have checked my power settings, and have made sure that both plugged in and on battery that the computer is not set to sleep. Never sleep.
6. I never close the lid, and even if I do it is set to "do nothing"
7. If I am downloading something over night, the downloads always finish or at least continue working.
8. When IE does not connect, it gives you the option of "diagnose and repair"
I take that option, and it says "problem resolved" I close the window, hit IE again, and it does not connect. Moxilla has no repair option. None of my favorites load in either Mozilla or IE.
9. Make sure that no updates have happend overnight. Not so. If they had, my screen would be at the login point.
10. Have tried disabling the network connection, both when wired or wireless, then re-enabling, so as to avoid having to re-boot the computer. Does not work.
11. Step 11 is losing my frigging mind, and that is the only thing that seems to be working now!
If someone has a suggestion, I would greatly appreciate it. I feel as if I am missing something that is probably so basic, but cannot figure it out for the life of me.
Vista forums, you have been so helpful, I hope you can help me now.....please.
Losing M. Ymind
If someone can help, I think I will.........