To set up an ad hoc network:
1. On the Start menu, click Connect To.
2. In the Connect to a network window, click the Set up a connection or network task.
3. On the Choose a connection option page, click Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network, and then click Next. (This option only appears on computers that have wireless adapters.)
4. Read the ad hoc network information, and then click Next.
5. Provide a network name, select whether the network is open or requires authentication, provide a security phrase if necessary, and then click Next.
After Windows Vista sets up the ad hoc network, you have the option of sharing your Internet connection.
To disconnect from an ad hoc network, display the Connect To A Network window, click the ad hoc network, and then click Disconnect.
Have you tried to plug in your android tablet directly to your PC? Generally these newer devices come with a built in screen that allows you surf directly using the tablet, from here you might have an option to create an AD-HOC network.