OK, I have a home network with the following:
1) My Laptop, Vista Ultimate 64
2) Wife's laptop, Vista Home Premium x86
3) Son's Mini Tower, Vista Home basic x86
I am in need of a good reliable backup solution. My wife is a PHD student, and loosing her work would be a REAL issue. Ciurrently I am useing Mozy Online Backup: Simple, Automatic, Secure
as a online backup but just found out that files backed up over 30days old are not kept. meaning, lets say I have a doc thats 30 days old, was backed up 30 days ago and not modified since then. On day 31 there is no backup. So as a interum solution I am makeing a DVD of her "My Documents" folder every 2 weeks, but again, thats a pain.
I guess what I am looking for is a backup/archive solution, which, I dont think I will find online. I looked into a in-expensive home NAS device, but havent been able to find one that has decent reviews.
1) Must be networkable, meaning I can put on the network while not directly attached to one of the laptops, I AM open to maby being attached to the mini-tower, but would prefer a stand-alone device. Either wired or wireless is fine.
2) All my systems must be able to backup to said device.
3) Must be able to schedule backups, either useing the built-in windows backup or other software.
I dont need more than 200GB really, all I am going to back up is data.
Any Ideas or Opinions welcome.