Help. Outlook 2007 will only open in safe mode. Though workable, it isn't a good long term solution. Here's what as the result of scouring various internet user groups. I'm hoping somebody here ends that cycle with a solution.
1. Run scanpst.exe. No errors found in my .pst file.
2. I've disabled all Outlook 2007 add-ons.
3. I've done resetting of outcmd.dat and extend.dat
4. I've created a new .pst file and done an export of the old .pst to that new .pst.
5. I've created a new desktop shortcut icon that points to Outlook 2007 in the office directory
There is the sum and substance of all the advice I've seen. I'm left with the problem, i.e., I click on Outlook 2007 and I get the splash screen along with fragments of the normal screen in the upper left hand corner: file, edit, view, go, tools, help, search - menu bar. That's it. Cursor is frozen. I do the 3 finger salute. Up comes task manager. I end the task, reclick on Outlook 2007 icon and I'm allowed to load the app in safe mode.
What I'm looking for is a real smart guy/chick who has been down this route and has the 'fix
'. Are you he/she?
p.s. by the way, Microsoft's support site is absolutely lousy, containing nothing in the KB about this common problem and ultimately only leads to an invitation to spend $49 with MSFT product support. Good grief!