I'm working on a coworkers computer that runs Vista 64 Professional, and we cannot get Outlook to run. Here are the errors that its given me.
1. Microsoft Outlook has stopped working (A problem causes the program to stop correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.).
2. Outlook failed to start correctly last time. Starting Outlook in safe mode will help you correct or isolate a startup problem in order to successfully start the program. Some functionality may be disabled in this mode.
3. Outlook failed to launch in safe mode. Do you want to start Detect, and repair?
- It still wont run, and I've tried these commands in Run:
outlook /clearviews: Gave me the error "the command line arguement is not valid. verify the switch you are using."
outlook /safe: Gave me error 3 that I noted above.
- Then I tried repair in the Programs/Features section, and that didnt seem to have any effect.
- I've also looked in the task manager to make sure that I was not running multiple instances of the application.
- I tried to reinstall w/out uninstalling (she doesn't want to lose any of her saved information).
This is a new thing that just started happening after the weekend, and my guess is that its due to one of the automatic updates?