I can't use MSN messenger unless I install a newer version, but this doesn't work.
When I run the installer i get the following error message:
"messenger couldnt be installed because we had trouble installing these requirements:
* Microsoft Application Error Reporting
Try installing Windows Live programs again. Program were not installed because the installation was canceled. aborted:0x80004004.
* Microsoft Visual Studio Runtime
Try installing Windows Live programs again. Programs were not installed because the installation was cancelled. aborted:0x80004004
* Windows live call. The installer has insufficient prviliges to access this directory; C:\programdata\microsoft\Windows\startmenu\programs\windows live. The installer cannot continue. Log on as adminstrator or contact your system administrator. Please close all other programs and then try again. It looks like another program is preventign the installer from working. hr:0x80070643.
I tried quite a bit:
- I am admininistrator and have all rights.
- Downloaded the installer and ran it as administrator
- Downloaded the whole file (wlsetup-all.exe, 134MB) and tried to run it (as administrator), instead of the installer itself (wlsetup-custom.exe, 1mb).
- Cleaned out Windows live, with Windows install clean up.
- Switched off the virus scan
- Switched off all services and programs on startup.
- Turned User Account Control off
- Updates Windows
Totally lost, anyone got some ideas?