Originally Posted by Sirius99
Yeah, there's no group policy in home edition, you'll have to edit the registry directly.
The configuration of this authentication resides in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\ registry key, look for the LMCompatibilityLevel dword.
- 0 - Send LM & NTLM responses
- 1 - Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated
- 2 - Send NTLM response only
- 3 - Send NTLMv2 response only
- 4 - Send NTLMv2 response only\refuse LM
- 5 - Send NTLMv2 response only\refuse LM & NTLM
3 is the default, change it to 1 and reboot for the same effect.