Windows Vista Forums

how do i enable images in outlook 2007 ?

  1. #1
    hclarkjr's Avatar

    Senior Member
    Join Date : Sep 2007
    Posts : 273
    Vista ultimate 64 bit SP2
    Local Time: 07:10 PM
    usa us pennsylvania

    how do i enable images in outlook 2007 ?

    hi, i am new to this forum and have just installed vista 64 bit. i have moved from XP 32 bit to vista. anyhow, under XP my outlook displayed images fine but after installing vista the images are gone so i am pretty sure vista has something to do with it but can not find where to enable them. any help would be apreciated, thank you

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.   


  3. #2



    Newbie
    Join Date : Oct 2007
    Posts : 5
    Vista Business x64
    Local Time: 07:10 PM


     

    Re: how do i enable images in outlook 2007 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by hclarkjr View Post
    hi, i am new to this forum and have just installed vista 64 bit. i have moved from XP 32 bit to vista. anyhow, under XP my outlook displayed images fine but after installing vista the images are gone so i am pretty sure vista has something to do with it but can not find where to enable them. any help would be apreciated, thank you
    Nope, not vista, you just have to click at the top of the email and allow it to download all the images. It's an outlook safety feature.

    You can also change settings to automatically download without you having to do it every time.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #3
    hclarkjr's Avatar

    Senior Member
    Join Date : Sep 2007
    Posts : 273
    Vista ultimate 64 bit SP2
    Local Time: 07:10 PM
    usa us pennsylvania

      Thread Starter

    Re: how do i enable images in outlook 2007 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThaLoveDocta View Post
    Nope, not vista, you just have to click at the top of the email and allow it to download all the images. It's an outlook safety feature.

    You can also change settings to automatically download without you having to do it every time.
    that option is no longer there, it did that under XP but that options is gone with vista. the only option at the top of the email now is to restore line breaks.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #4
    z3r010's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date : Oct 2005
    Standish, Lancashire, England
    Posts : 21,966
    Windows 8
    Local Time: 01:10 AM
    uk england

     

    Re: how do i enable images in outlook 2007 ?

    What version of Outlook are you using?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #5
    hclarkjr's Avatar

    Senior Member
    Join Date : Sep 2007
    Posts : 273
    Vista ultimate 64 bit SP2
    Local Time: 07:10 PM
    usa us pennsylvania

      Thread Starter

    Re: how do i enable images in outlook 2007 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by z3r010 View Post
    What version of Outlook are you using?
    outlook 2007

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #6
    z3r010's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date : Oct 2005
    Standish, Lancashire, England
    Posts : 21,966
    Windows 8
    Local Time: 01:10 AM
    uk england

     

    Re: how do i enable images in outlook 2007 ?

    LOL I just noticed the topic title

    Tools --> Trust Center --> Automatic download

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #7
    hclarkjr's Avatar

    Senior Member
    Join Date : Sep 2007
    Posts : 273
    Vista ultimate 64 bit SP2
    Local Time: 07:10 PM
    usa us pennsylvania

      Thread Starter

    Re: how do i enable images in outlook 2007 ?

    the box is unchecked with all the listings greyed out with checkmarks in them

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #8
    z3r010's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date : Oct 2005
    Standish, Lancashire, England
    Posts : 21,966
    Windows 8
    Local Time: 01:10 AM
    uk england

     

    Re: how do i enable images in outlook 2007 ?

    Try

    Tools --> Trust Center --> E-mail Security --> Make sure read all standard mail in plain text is unticked

    TBH Outlook 2007 is in its last days on my PC, over the weekend I plan to move back to 2003 as it's far more stable.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #9
    hclarkjr's Avatar

    Senior Member
    Join Date : Sep 2007
    Posts : 273
    Vista ultimate 64 bit SP2
    Local Time: 07:10 PM
    usa us pennsylvania

      Thread Starter

    Re: how do i enable images in outlook 2007 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by z3r010 View Post
    Try

    Tools --> Trust Center --> E-mail Security --> Make sure read all standard mail in plain text is unticked

    TBH Outlook 2007 is in its last days on my PC, over the weekend I plan to move back to 2003 as it's far more stable.
    it is unticked

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  11. #10
    z3r010's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date : Oct 2005
    Standish, Lancashire, England
    Posts : 21,966
    Windows 8
    Local Time: 01:10 AM
    uk england

     

    Re: how do i enable images in outlook 2007 ?

    Well i'm out of ideas then, sorry m8.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how do i enable images in outlook 2007 ?
Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Re: New images! Office 2007 and IE7> Has MS gone mad? Vista General
Re: New images! Office 2007 and IE7> Has MS gone mad? Vista General
RE: New images! Office 2007 and IE7> Has MS gone mad? Vista General
Re: New images! Office 2007 and IE7> Has MS gone mad? Vista General
Re: New images! Office 2007 and IE7> Has MS gone mad? Vista General