Hi "mansrm81" and "garikipatisunil,"
First I would like to thank you both for taking the time to help me with this problem.
Unfortunately I failed to mention that we have been unable to uninstall or reinstall drivers.
Additional information which may be important is that we have three computers networked and moved the printer to another computer, so the printer problem has been resolved. We still have the audio issue, though.
Admittedly, I am not very well-versed in building a computer, but with the help of someone who is, we've tried almost everything we can think of. We recently did a system restore to an earlier point in time (10 days ago) without success. Under the DEVICE MANAGER>STORAGE CONTROLLERS, it lists another device that isn't functioning (A6RKXV1Y IDE Controller).
We are running Vista Utimate x64
on this system. Here is everything listed in my Device Manager:
- Computer: ACPI x64-based PC
- Disk Drives: NVIDIA RAID5 1.81T
- Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 (two of these)
- DVD/CD-ROM drives: SATA HL-DT_STBD-RE G SCI CdRom Device and TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182M ATA Device
- Floppy Drive Controllers: Standard
- Human Interface Devices: 2 HID-compliant consumer control devices, 4 HID-compliant devices and 5 USB Human Interface Devices
- IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers: 2 IDE Channels and 1 Standard Due Channel PCI IDE Controller
- IEEE 1394 Bus host conrollers: 1 Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
- Keyboards: HID Keyboard Device and Standard PS/2 Keyboard
- Mice and other pointing devices: 3 HID-compliant mouse
- Monitors: Generic Non-PnP Monitor and SyncMaster 275TPlus (Digital) -- we have set up dual monitors with another computer controlled by a Belkin switch
- Network Adapters: NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller and NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller #2
- Ports (COM & LPT): Communications Port (COM1)
- Processors: 4 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
- Sound, Video and Game Controllers: High Definition Audio Device WITH WARNING ERROR
- Storage Controllers: A6KXV1Y IDE Controller WITH WARNING ERROR, two JMicron JMB 36X Controllers, one Microsoft iSCSI Initiator, one NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller and three NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controllers
- System Devices: ACPI Fixed Feature Button, Direct memory access controller, High Definition Audio Controller, High precision event timer, Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System, Microsoft System Management BIOS Driver, Microsoft Watchdog Timer, Numeric data processor, NVIDIA nForce System Management, PCI bus, four PCI Express standard Root Ports, PCI standard host CPU bridge, PCI standard ISA bridge, PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge, sixteen PCI standard RAM Controllers, Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator WITH WARNING ERROR, Programmable interrupt controller, System CMOS/real time clock, System speaker, System timer, Terminal Service Device Redirector, UMBus Enumerator, UMBus Root Bus Enumerator
- Universal Serial Bus Controllers: Generic USB Hub, Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller, Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller, two USB Composite Deivices and two USB Root Hubs
The "WARNING ERRORS" all state the same thing: "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
." Unfortunately, we cannot install drivers at all.
If anyone has any ideas how to resolve this issue, please reply. Thanks so much!!