Windows Vista Forums

No sound from TV with HDMI cable

  1. #1



    Newbie
    Join Date : Aug 2009
    Posts : 7
    Vista Home Premium 64bit
    Local Time: 08:22 AM

    No sound from TV with HDMI cable

    New n mad i am. like the topic say's up top. i'm having a hard time getting this Sony [yes i know. sony n microsoft don't mix >.> but...] HDMI cable to work. first i plug both ends in. a windows comes up asking to setup display. i put n mirror. propblem. at first this was cool. everything work. but when i played Combat arms i said wait. no sound??? i tried everything from my T.v settings to my laptop. nothing seems to work. i tried going to sound and and set HDMI as default but that only get me no sound from laptop nor tv. I just want sound from my tv. not laptop, not both. i also seen a topic here about this but that didn't seem to help. what i got is this...

    Sony high speed hdmi audio/video cable
    idea 4 hdtv,ps3,dvd.blue ray,hd cable n satellite box

    don't know what my tv is but its got 2 hdmi port 4 hd inputs a game mode n it's an dvd player.

    now 4 my laptop.

    AMD turion X2 RM-72 Dualcorl mobile process
    windows home vista home premium 64bit service pack 1
    4096MB DDR2 system memory
    250GB(5400rpm)
    webcam
    ati radeon HD3200 graphics

    theirs more but i think that all u really need i guess

    HP Pavilion
    Entertainment Notebook PC please help

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.   


  3. #2
    banderz777's Avatar

    Newbie
    Join Date : Aug 2007
    Posts : 1
    Vista Ultimate
    Local Time: 10:22 AM


     

    Re: No sound from TV with HDMI cable

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerow View Post
    New n mad i am. like the topic say's up top. i'm having a hard time getting this Sony [yes i know. sony n microsoft don't mix >.> but...] HDMI cable to work. first i plug both ends in. a windows comes up asking to setup display. i put n mirror. propblem. at first this was cool. everything work. but when i played Combat arms i said wait. no sound??? i tried everything from my T.v settings to my laptop. nothing seems to work. i tried going to sound and and set HDMI as default but that only get me no sound from laptop nor tv. I just want sound from my tv. not laptop, not both. i also seen a topic here about this but that didn't seem to help. what i got is this...

    Sony high speed hdmi audio/video cable
    idea 4 hdtv,ps3,dvd.blue ray,hd cable n satellite box

    don't know what my tv is but its got 2 hdmi port 4 hd inputs a game mode n it's an dvd player.

    now 4 my laptop.

    AMD turion X2 RM-72 Dualcorl mobile process
    windows home vista home premium 64bit service pack 1
    4096MB DDR2 system memory
    250GB(5400rpm)
    webcam
    ati radeon HD3200 graphics

    theirs more but i think that all u really need i guess

    HP Pavilion
    Entertainment Notebook PC please help
    I had the same problem and I have a HP laptop, but I found out that you have to make sure you are getting a good connection.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #3



    Newbie
    Join Date : Aug 2009
    Posts : 7
    Vista Home Premium 64bit
    Local Time: 08:22 AM


      Thread Starter

    Re: No sound from TV with HDMI cable

    good connecting? what kind? internet? guess it don't matter. i'm taking this over price thing back anyway. but i would still like help. i should b able to plug in. switch my audio n done. nnnnnnooooooooooooooooo. we have to do it the hard way

    T.T first i get the ring of death now I can't get the audio to work. how much more must i go thought y microsoft y T.T

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #4
    JimJoe's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date : Feb 2009
    Posts : 1,155
    Vista Home Premium 32bit
    Local Time: 09:22 AM
    usa us texas

     

    Re: No sound from TV with HDMI cable

    good connection between the laptop and the tv.

    When you buy cables in a store, look at them first. If they are in a clear plastic package, look at the bends of the cable. If the cable looks like the bends may have been forced to bend sharply, the wires inside the cable could be damaged. Don't buy that one.

    Look for cables with bends that don't look they are forced into a small package.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #5



    Newbie
    Join Date : Aug 2009
    Posts : 7
    Vista Home Premium 64bit
    Local Time: 08:22 AM


      Thread Starter

    Re: No sound from TV with HDMI cable

    nope. nothing is wrong with my cables. ha lol i look in my xbox 360 box and found another pair of HDMI cables O.o even with these I still can't find the problem. for most people they say. go to sound my put HDMI as default. reset my music player in everything should work but it don't. i can get it to play out my laptop or laptop headphone set but like i said b4 I want sound coming out of my tv for better sound.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #6



    Newbie
    Join Date : Aug 2009
    Posts : 7
    Vista Home Premium 64bit
    Local Time: 08:22 AM


      Thread Starter

    Re: No sound from TV with HDMI cable

    just wondering if any 1 was going to get me a help n hand on this problem? yes no maybe? after messing with this i have found some thing out. 1. it seem that i have done and have everything hook up right. yet i still get no sound from tv? i even try downloading other type of hdmi audio which fails to work >.> so far i have 1 end to my laptop in the other to my tv. plus i also when 2 sound n change my sound from laptop speakers to hdmi output which should be my tv speakers. i when 2 other forums in this was the answer to their problem. i also have met 2 other people who has the same problem as be but their was not more post after it so like...now what?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #7
    JimJoe's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date : Feb 2009
    Posts : 1,155
    Vista Home Premium 32bit
    Local Time: 09:22 AM
    usa us texas

     

    Re: No sound from TV with HDMI cable

    Silly question time... does the sound on the tv work otherwise ?

    When you just watch tv programs ? Play a dvd or video tape using the apppropriate player cabled to the tv ?

    Check the hdmi input connector, not the cable, on the tv, are any of the pins loose ?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #8
    panais's Avatar

    Senior Member
    Join Date : Feb 2008
    Posts : 323
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    Local Time: 04:22 PM


     

    Re: No sound from TV with HDMI cable

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerow View Post
    just wondering if any 1 was going to get me a help n hand on this problem? yes no maybe? after messing with this i have found some thing out. 1. it seem that i have done and have everything hook up right. yet i still get no sound from tv? i even try downloading other type of hdmi audio which fails to work >.> so far i have 1 end to my laptop in the other to my tv. plus i also when 2 sound n change my sound from laptop speakers to hdmi output which should be my tv speakers. i when 2 other forums in this was the answer to their problem. i also have met 2 other people who has the same problem as be but their was not more post after it so like...now what?
    Start/control panel/sound-set hdmi as default device.
    Tip a)The hdmi sound is on the minimum level by default,so remember to select hdmi properties/levels,and increase the volume to maximum.
    Tip b)Increase also the tv volume cause the sound from hdmi usually is a bit weak.
    Try also to set your tv as the primary screen before do all the above.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #9



    Newbie
    Join Date : Aug 2009
    Posts : 7
    Vista Home Premium 64bit
    Local Time: 08:22 AM


      Thread Starter

    Re: No sound from TV with HDMI cable

    Quote Originally Posted by JimJoe View Post
    Silly question time... does the sound on the tv work otherwise ?

    When you just watch tv programs ? Play a dvd or video tape using the apppropriate player cabled to the tv ?

    Check the hdmi input connector, not the cable, on the tv, are any of the pins loose ?
    yes my tv does work with normal cable n dvd. n panais I tried all that but nothing works. maybe their is something i can download or upgrade or even go deep in my files to find the problem.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  11. #10



    Newbie
    Join Date : Aug 2009
    Posts : 7
    Vista Home Premium 64bit
    Local Time: 08:22 AM


      Thread Starter

    Re: No sound from TV with HDMI cable

    so i still...>.> can't get this to work. so far i tried 3 differrent HDMI cables. i put HDMI as default but still no sound. i max my volume on tv n laptop. still not sound. yes my sound works on both tv and laptop alone. yes my laptop is able to play audio with HDMI but i still can't get to work plus tv n laptop manual are not helping one bit.

    N i DARE u to say I forgot a simple step.


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No sound from TV with HDMI cable
Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Black screen after plugging in HDMI cable Software
sound is not working when hdmi cable unplugged Sound & Audio
Moniter Problem using HDMI cable Graphic cards
Moniter Problem using HDMI cable Graphic cards
Which is the maximum length for HDMI cable? Graphic cards