Windows Vista Forums

Vista 64 Audio Problem?

  1. #1



    Junior Member
    Join Date : Jul 2009
    Posts : 23
    Vista Home Premium 64
    Local Time: 07:45 AM

    Vista 64 Audio Problem?

    I can't seem to get any sound out of my microphone or any other input device(such as a guitar interface) and the problem persists even with a USB headset. I've checked all the settings, nothing is muted and Vista says everything is working fine. I can even see the green bars light up when I play something or say something into the mic. The Microphone only lights up the first 2 bars though, but the volume is maxed and again, nothing is muted.

    I've googled to see if I could find other people with similar problems and It seems to be a common issue with no solution(so far?) as there are many open forum topics.

    Additional Information:

    I'm using onboard audio with an Asus P6t Deluxe V2 and I have updated drivers which I have reinstalled as well.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.   


  3. #2
    lemur's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date : Aug 2009
    University of Kentucky
    Posts : 1,533
    Windows Vista Enterprise x64 SP2
    Local Time: 08:45 AM
    usa us kentucky

     

    Re: Vista 64 Audio Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by midknightmason View Post
    I can't seem to get any sound out of my microphone or any other input device(such as a guitar interface) and the problem persists even with a USB headset. I've checked all the settings, nothing is muted and Vista says everything is working fine. I can even see the green bars light up when I play something or say something into the mic. The Microphone only lights up the first 2 bars though, but the volume is maxed and again, nothing is muted.

    I've googled to see if I could find other people with similar problems and It seems to be a common issue with no solution(so far?) as there are many open forum topics.

    Additional Information:

    I'm using onboard audio with an Asus P6t Deluxe V2 and I have updated drivers which I have reinstalled as well.
    Check your input volume controls

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #3



    Junior Member
    Join Date : Jul 2009
    Posts : 23
    Vista Home Premium 64
    Local Time: 07:45 AM


      Thread Starter

    Re: Vista 64 Audio Problem?

    The only options I have are Volume, there's nothing that says input? And if you're talking about the volume wheel on the mic itself, It's full up.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #4



    Junior Member
    Join Date : Jul 2009
    Posts : 23
    Vista Home Premium 64
    Local Time: 07:45 AM


      Thread Starter

    Re: Vista 64 Audio Problem?

    after doing some research I found the "Line-In" volume in the speaker settings, but I have no input tab anywhere. And even maximizing the volume, i still have nothing.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #5



    Banned
    Join Date : Jul 2009
    Posts : 1,337
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Local Time: 12:45 AM


     

    Re: Vista 64 Audio Problem?

    You stick the microphone in the right port?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #6



    Junior Member
    Join Date : Jul 2009
    Posts : 23
    Vista Home Premium 64
    Local Time: 07:45 AM


      Thread Starter

    Re: Vista 64 Audio Problem?

    Yes. And the problem persists even with a USB mic.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #7
    lemur's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date : Aug 2009
    University of Kentucky
    Posts : 1,533
    Windows Vista Enterprise x64 SP2
    Local Time: 08:45 AM
    usa us kentucky

     

    Re: Vista 64 Audio Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by midknightmason View Post
    after doing some research I found the "Line-In" volume in the speaker settings, but I have no input tab anywhere. And even maximizing the volume, i still have nothing.
    Yes.

    I hope this helps...

    How To Install and Setup a Microphone | Windows Vista for Beginners

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #8



    Junior Member
    Join Date : Jul 2009
    Posts : 23
    Vista Home Premium 64
    Local Time: 07:45 AM


      Thread Starter

    Re: Vista 64 Audio Problem?

    Thanks Lemur, I followed the guide, but I still didn't get anywhere. It seems to not be able to hear me. It looks as though all input devices that involve putting a sound into my computer do not work with Vista. I just double checked my motherboard to see if something was wrong in there, but I'm finding no issue with the wiring.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #9
    lemur's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date : Aug 2009
    University of Kentucky
    Posts : 1,533
    Windows Vista Enterprise x64 SP2
    Local Time: 08:45 AM
    usa us kentucky

     

    Re: Vista 64 Audio Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by midknightmason View Post
    Thanks Lemur, I followed the guide, but I still didn't get anywhere. It seems to not be able to hear me. It looks as though all input devices that involve putting a sound into my computer do not work with Vista. I just double checked my motherboard to see if something was wrong in there, but I'm finding no issue with the wiring.
    Can you verify mic is good?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  11. #10



    Junior Member
    Join Date : Jul 2009
    Posts : 23
    Vista Home Premium 64
    Local Time: 07:45 AM


      Thread Starter

    Re: Vista 64 Audio Problem?

    Yes, the mic works on a laptop running vista, a desktop running XP and another desktop running vista.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Vista 64 Audio Problem?
Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Vista x64 Audio Driver Problem ! Sound & Audio
Audio playback & Importing problem on Vista Vista music pictures video
Vista audio problem with X-Fi Vista hardware & devices
Audio Problem With Vista Ultimate Vista hardware & devices
Vista WMP 11 to XBox 360 audio streaming problem Vista music pictures video