Alright, I've got some weird problems. First of all, I'll describe my system:
Intel Extreme Series D975XBX2 Motherboard
Q6600 Quad Core 2.4 GHz Processor
4GB DDR2 Corsair RAM
256 MB DDR3 8600GT Graphics Card
Vista 64 bit OS
Here is the problem(s) I am having:
1) Audio stutters every 30 seconds or so for about 3-4 seconds.
- I've tried updating BIOS, but I get the same "Internal Error" type message everytime, even though it's the correct version that's supposed to be compatible with Vista 64.
- I've tried updating the audio drivers
. The only driver
that worked was the version that's about 2 releases old because the newer versions all had random errors and didn't work with Vista (even though they said they were supposed to).
- I thought if I turned off some advanced audio processing features it would fix the problem, but I can't get Intel Audio Studio installed because it says "This is not the correct driver for this sysetem" even though it IS.
2) BIOS refuses to update, saying "There is an internal error" or something along those lines. I looked up that error message in Intel's readme and it said it's due to a lack of hard drive space--but I have 450 GB free!
- An interesting thing I've noted during boot is that it says "No hard drive is detected!" when going through it's RAID check. I'm not set up for RAID, so I'm not even sure why it does this check. But, I think this could be causing the BIOS update error--if it doesn't think I have a hard drive, then it might trigger the "out of drive space" error. Just a thought.
3) Random audio update errors.
- Latest drivers refuse to install because of incompatibility--but I've double checked that they're the right drivers for Vista no fewer than 100 times.
- Intel Audio Studio won't install (the program that would let me turn off advanced audio processing features and hopefully eliminate the stutter) because it says I have the wrong driver--but I don't.
These are a lot of interconnected problems and I've seen forums where people had similar problems, but I can't get the solutions that worked for them (updating BIOS and turning off advance audio processing feature) to work for me because of the issues listed above.
Other than audio playback, my system has very few other issues and I don't want to give up on Vista and go back to XP unless I absolutely have to, but not having consistent audio is like nails on a chalkboard after about 10 minutes. Please help me! Thanks