1. Click on the Download button below to download the Log Off.zip file.
2. Click on Save and save it to the Desktop.
3. Right click on the downloaded Log Off.zip file and click Open.
4. Click Allow for UAC prompt.
5. Extract (drag and drop) the Log Off shortcut to the desktop.
6. Move the shortcut to where you like to use it at.
7. When done, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.
To Manually Create the "Log Off" Shortcut
1. Right click on a empty area of the desktop.
2. Click on New and Shortcut.
3. Type shutdown.exe -L in the location field. (See screenshot below)
4. Click on the Next button.
5. Type Log Off for the name. (See screenshot below) NOTE:You can name it anything you would like.
6. Click on the Finish button.
7. Right click on the new Log Off shortcut (on desktop) and click on Properties.
8. Click on the Change Icon button. (See screenshot below)
9. Click OK at the pop-up window. (See screenshot below)
10. Click on the icon highlighted in blue below. (See screenshot below) NOTE:If you have your own icon you would rather use, then just navigate to where you have it saved. Vista needs a 256 bit icon for best viewing results.
11. Click OK.
12. Click OK to apply. (See screenshot below 8)
13. Move or copy the new Log Off shortcut to wherever you like it to be for easy use.