Over the past few months, we have talked quite a bit about the MDT 2010 Beta (Your Adding Office 2010 to MDT 2010 Environment Questions Answered!
, Your Building a LiteTouch Bootable USB Image Questions Answered!
, and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 Update 1 - Now in Beta Release!
) We are very pleased to announce the the RTM of MDT 2010 Update 1 is now available.
If you’re making the move to Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, and/or Office 2010, you need tools and guidance to help you through the process. Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2010
, a free Solution Accelerator, is designed to fill that need. The latest MDT 2010 Update 1 release, now available for download, offers something for everyone: For System Center Configuration Manager 2007 customers:
For Lite Touch Installation:
- New “User Driven Installation” deployment method. An easy-to-use UDI Wizard allows users to initiate and customize an OS deployment on their PCs that’s tailored to their individual needs.
- Support for Configuration Manager R3 “Prestaged Media.” For those deploying Windows 7 and Office 2010 along with new PCs, a custom OS image can easily be loaded in the factory and then customized once deployed.
For all existing customers:
- Support for Office 2010. Easily configure Office 2010 installation and deployment settings through the Deployment Workbench and integration with the Office Customization Tool.
- Improved driver importing. All drivers are inspected during the import process to accurately determine what platforms they really support, avoiding common inaccuracies that can cause deployment issues.
- A smooth and simple upgrade process. Installing MDT 2010 Update 1 will preserve your existing MDT configuration, with simple wizards to upgrade existing deployment shares and Configuration Manager installations.
- Many small enhancements and bug fixes. Made in direct response to feedback received from customers and partners all around the world, MDT 2010 Update 1 is an indispensible upgrade for those currently using MDT (as well as a great starting point for those just starting).
- Continued support for older products. MDT 2010 Update 1 still supports deployment of Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, and Office 2007, for those customers who need to be able to support these products during the deployment of Windows 7 and Office 2010.
So make sure to Download MDT 2010 Update 1
from the Microsoft Download Center. Looking for more information?
Let us know your thoughts on MDT and how moving from image based deployment to package based deployment has saved you time and money. More...