I have Vista Home Premium 32-bit, on Dell Inspiron 6400.
After a repair install, I now have two problems:
- Although there are 75 Windows Updates in the list, I have tried several times over the last two days to install these. So far, only a few are marked "Successful". The great majority are marked "Failed".
- There is no SP1 available in the list of updates.
Here is the history:
- My laptop was pre-loaded with Vista (no SP1). The OEM DVD was also SP0.
- I installed SP1 when it became available.
- A few days ago, I neede to do a repair install. So I uninstalled SP1, and did a repair install as specified in Brink's tutorial:
Repair Install For Vista
- As far as I know, the repair completed successfully. There were no "Files discarded by Windows Upgrade" (Maybe this is important!). I was not asked for my product key, or asked to activate Vista.
- Immediately after the repair, I launched Windows Update, and found the two problems noted above.
BTW: To the best of my knowledge, my laptop is working fine. The minor glitches that prompted the repair install have disappeared
I would be grateful for any assistance.