Update BIOS and drivers
for chipset if you don't have the newest versions .If you have already the newest BIOS & drivers or updating don't help follow below:
Two methods to fix
1.from this MS article:Advanced troubleshooting tips for general USB problems in Windows XP
Remove and reinstall all USB controllers
To remove and reinstall all USB controllers, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Click the Hardware tab.
- Click the Device Manager button.
- Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
- Restart the computer, and then reinstall the USB controllers.
- Plug in the removable USB storage device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.
1.Extract from DVD (the best way use 7-zip or WinRAR to dothat) these files:
and place all extracted Inf file in C:\Windows\inf
and all dll modules C:\Windows\System32
(replace the old ones)
2.In device manager open USB controllers and remove each one device -don't restart computer untill remove all devices in USB controllers!
3.When you remove all USB Controllers devices you can now restart computer.