Adobe 8 Pro & Vista w/Office 2007 and IE7 incompatible?

navitor69

Adobe 8 professional asks for Vista DVD (or XP, if installing in XP) for a driver during install, but wont find it once I insert the DVD/CD. I cancel that window and proceed. Works fine, but the toolbar in IE7 is worthless, you click "print to .pdf", or "SAVE as .pdf" and nothing happens. Also the Adobe printer, in printers, does not work. I have tried this on 4 or 5 PC's , some Vista x64 Ultimate, some XP Pro, some IE6, some IE7...
help please

My Computer

it's in the data1.cab file

The Adobe.com forums have a lot of info on this. I found out there that the file AdobePDF.dll is included in the DATA1.cab file on the installation disk. You have to extract (cab files are like zips) the file to get to it. Problem is, Adobe hasn't said that Acrobat 8 is supported on Vista 64 yet. Might not be until the next release... CS3 includes Acrobat 8, so we'll probably have to wait a long long long long time for a compatible Acrobat.

Adobe Forums - Adobe PDF printer not installed in Vista

In a pinch, I printed to Microsoft's XPS format and then converted to PDF in Acrobat. Also, Adobe suggests installing PS printer drivers, printing to PS then converting to PDF.

My Computer

Back