Age of Conan - BSOD

Curtis7e

Hello. I have just built my new PC about 3 weeks ago. And i have been playing Age Of Conan alot too. Untill recently. On monday the 16th they released a patch and since then i have been getting this BSOD:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 101
BCP1: 0000000000000031
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFFA60005EC180
BCP4: 0000000000000001
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini062008-02.dmp
C:\Users\Curtis\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-29094-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Curtis\AppData\Local\Temp\WER9165.tmp.version.txt
Read our privacy statement:
Microsoft Online Crash Analysis

I have looked thru their fourms and found that alot of people are getting the BSOD also. We arnt getting much back from Funcom about the issue and i'm posting here to see if i can get some better insight about the BSOD. I have tryed a few fixes that were posted in the AoC fourms but i have had no success with them. Going to post PC stats below. Thx in advance!

MSI k9a2 Plat v1 (bios 1.4)
AMD Phenom 9500
OCZ 4gig ram
ATI 3870 x2 (840/915)
250gig Seagate HDD 7200 RPM
150 gig WD 10k RPM
1000 Watt antec PSU
Vista Ultimate 64bit

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    AMD Phenom 9500
    Motherboard
    MSI K9A2 Plat
    Memory
    4gig OCZ High Proformance
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Sapphire 3870x2
    Hard Drives
    250gig Seagate 7200rpm
    150gig WD Raptor
Hey Curtis7e,

Here are the Details for BCCode: 101

Bug Check 0x101:
The CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT bug check has a value of 0x00000101. This indicates that an expected clock interrupt on a secondary processor, in a multi-processor system, was not received within the allocated interval.

Cause
The specified processor is not processing. Typically, this occurs when the processor is nonresponsive or is deadlocked.

I think one of your processor cores is malfunctioning/dead or the game is HardLocking the processor...I will find some CPU testing programs for you later today to check the processor for faults.

Steven

My Computer

Thx for the fast response Steven. I look forword to being able to test my CPU to find out if its a bad CPU or if the game might be hardlocking the processor. I would like to know about this hardlocking of the processor so i could maybe pass the info along to some of my friends that are having the same issue as me. Thx again!
I think one of your processor cores is malfunctioning/dead or the game is HardLocking the processor...I will find some CPU testing programs for you later today to check the processor for faults.

Steven

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    AMD Phenom 9500
    Motherboard
    MSI K9A2 Plat
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Sapphire 3870x2
    Hard Drives
    250gig Seagate 7200rpm
    150gig WD Raptor
Thx for the fast response Steven. I look forword to being able to test my CPU to find out if its a bad CPU or if the game might be hardlocking the processor. I would like to know about this hardlocking of the processor so i could maybe pass the info along to some of my friends that are having the same issue as me. Thx again!

Steven

The HardLocking issue is caused by "something" over-loading the CPU and causing it to fail and can be caused by overclocking or malfunctioning programs.

Heres two CPU testing programs to try...Let me know the results of each :geek:

PassMark CPU Benchmark Charts
CPU Burn-in Homepage

Steven

My Computer

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    AMD Phenom 9500
    Motherboard
    MSI K9A2 Plat
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Sapphire 3870x2
    Hard Drives
    250gig Seagate 7200rpm
    150gig WD Raptor
Heres two CPU testing programs to try...Let me know the results of each :geek:

PassMark CPU Benchmark Charts
CPU Burn-in Homepage

Steven

I have ran the first one and here is a screenshot of the results. How long did you want me to run the 2nd test?

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/curtis7e/Benchmark-2.jpg

As long as you are at the machine but not too long, The idea is to see if it causes the crash on the core again, otherwise its the game itself crashing your comp..

STeven

My Computer

As long as you are at the machine but not too long, The idea is to see if it causes the crash on the core again, otherwise its the game itself crashing your comp..

STeven

I have been here talking to a friend over steam and the test has been running for about 15 to 20 mins and i have not crashed. Did the results from the first test tell you anything?

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    AMD Phenom 9500
    Motherboard
    MSI K9A2 Plat
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Sapphire 3870x2
    Hard Drives
    250gig Seagate 7200rpm
    150gig WD Raptor

STeven

I have been here talking to a friend over steam and the test has been running for about 15 to 20 mins and i have not crashed. Did the results from the first test tell you anything?

It tells me your processor is running good and isnt faulty :cool:

My Computer

It tells me your processor is running good and isnt faulty :cool:

Well then thats what i wanted to know! Thx for all the help Steven!

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    AMD Phenom 9500
    Motherboard
    MSI K9A2 Plat
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Sapphire 3870x2
    Hard Drives
    250gig Seagate 7200rpm