Anyone know how to fix/check WU?

FrustratedMan

So I think something might be wrong with my Windows Update (see MSDN Forums Home : MSDN Site Feedback : Vista Ultimate x64 from Technet - Does it not include Dreamscenes?).
However, when I try to update Windows Defender, I get the error 0x80070057. I googled it and the answers pointed to manually downloading and updating the definitions for WD. I did that, yet when I try to "Check for Updates" I still get the same problem. Also, I mentioned on one of my other posts that when I finally did connect to the internet, Windows Update didn't work and I still had to activate via phone.

Does anyone know how to fix:
-Windows Defender
-Windows Dreamscenes (or at least where I can download the install file)
-Windows Update (I am running SP1, but aren't there still other updates?)

Please help!!!
Thank you!

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    E6850 3.0GHz
    Motherboard
    EVGA 790i Ultra
    Memory
    2x2Gb (4GB) OCZ3P13334GK
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 8800GTS 512MB KO
    Hard Drives
    WD 150GB Raptor
So I think something might be wrong with my Windows Update (see MSDN Forums Home : MSDN Site Feedback : Vista Ultimate x64 from Technet - Does it not include Dreamscenes?).
However, when I try to update Windows Defender, I get the error 0x80070057. I googled it and the answers pointed to manually downloading and updating the definitions for WD. I did that, yet when I try to "Check for Updates" I still get the same problem. Also, I mentioned on one of my other posts that when I finally did connect to the internet, Windows Update didn't work and I still had to activate via phone.

Does anyone know how to fix:
-Windows Defender
-Windows Dreamscenes (or at least where I can download the install file)
-Windows Update (I am running SP1, but aren't there still other updates?)

Please help!!!
Thank you!

Hey FM,

You can use Autopatcher to downlaod and install the updates for you if Windows Update is not function correctly...Its an alternative to Windows Update when It has issues...

AutoPatcher.com AutoPatcher Vista 32/64 bit

Just goto downloads on the left...

Steven

My Computer

Exellent! I will check it out tonight. Thank you!

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    E6850 3.0GHz
    Motherboard
    EVGA 790i Ultra
    Memory
    2x2Gb (4GB) OCZ3P13334GK
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 8800GTS 512MB KO
    Hard Drives
    WD 150GB Raptor
That seemed to do the trick for updating, however it didn't fix Windows Defender, and I still can't download Vista Ultimate Extras...

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    E6850 3.0GHz
    Motherboard
    EVGA 790i Ultra
    Memory
    2x2Gb (4GB) OCZ3P13334GK
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 8800GTS 512MB KO
    Hard Drives
    WD 150GB Raptor