Black Screen While launching media center-vista ultimate

allrise23

Hi all,
Im having trouble launching Media center,
Get a black screen,with a mouse pointer,this happens even on a fresh clean installlation with no softwares installed,help needed!

Specifications :
Processor : AMD 64x2 3100+
RAM :1GB
Video Card : Integerated Nvidia Geforce 6100
MotherBoard :Asus MVM MX

Thanks in advance!
Nick

My Computer

make sure you've updated your nvidia geforce drivers to the latest release 100.65 I believe. Also, if you've got the 64-bit version of vista you need to download the 64-bit driver...

My Computer

getting Data execution prevention error

Hi,thanks for the reply,i tried to install the driver for y integearte Nvidia card,i get a data execution prevention error msg while installing the same,and the installation quits,after the reboot i get rundll has ome problem and windows explorer is restarting,now i have done a system restore.

My Computer

Hi,thanks for the reply,i tried to install the driver for y integearte Nvidia card,i get a data execution prevention error msg while installing the same,and the installation quits,after the reboot i get rundll has ome problem and windows explorer is restarting,now i have done a system restore.

Did you install vista as an upgrade or did you buy your computer WITH vista. If you bought vista as an upgrade to your computer you need to make sure all of your hardware is up to date. A lot of problems were cleared up for me when I updated my bios and GPU drivers. This is of course a tricky task and you need to know what you're doing. I would suggest you get some help or if you feel confident enough tread lightly and backup your bios before flashing it to the latest version. After I flashed my bios and updated my gpu drivers vista ran a lot quicker and it starts up quicker as well. Also most of my other problems magically "disappeared".

My Computer

I'm seeing a similar problem. I have the ASUS M2NPV-VM with integrated GF6150 graphics. I even tried upgrading to the beta Nvidia drivers 158

I notifced if I hit ctrl esc to switch between tasks i see media center fine. As soon as i click on one of the media center options it goes black again. very strange indeed.

aby ideas ?

My Computer

Back