Blue Screen AFTER Reinstalling Vista?

Splaze

Hey guys, found this site after getting my 2nd blue screen on my new laptop T_T.

Heres the story, my first HP Pavilion dv5 was returned after being bought on defcember 26 because it had two dead pixels right besdie eachother. Just got the new one on monday, and ever since i started it up iv had problems. SECOND BOOT after installing msn i had a BSoD. I let it go since the laptop was still working after it, and everything was all good until today. This morning i turned it on to move some music into a different folder, went to turn it off and it installed a update for windows defender. 5 minutes later when i turn it on it wont start up! Gets as far as the microsoft boot screen and once it gets there it goes back to the first screen and the troubleshooter comes up. It found NOTHING and since i wasnt home and my battery was running low, i decided to lay off the system restore until I came home. When i came home, all ready to do the system restore and at most, reinstall windows, turns out everything was completely fine as windows started up normal. I ended up calling HP and they told me to do a system recovery. That all just finished up now after two hours, but yet ANOTHER blue screen appeared once windows tried to prepare my desktop. No stop message came up, it was just a plain blue screen but i was still able to move my mouse. I ended up using ctl+alt+del to log off the account, and once i logged back on I was welcomed with this message.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 00000004
BCP2: 00000258
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini010109-02.dmp
C:\Users\Joseph\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-1848518-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Joseph\AppData\Local\Temp\WER5D0D.tmp.version.txt

Also, here's a link to the site i got my computer from, site also includes all the info.
FutureShop - HP 15.4" Pavilion AMD Athlon X2 QL-60 Dual-Core 1.9GHz Laptop (DV5-1124CA)

If anyone can give me some guidance on what to do it would be greatly appriciated. I have no idea what happened because when the Bluescreen occured no error message came up, it was just a blue screen that didnt go away after 20 minutes. Thanks in advance and thanks for reading my paragraph of rage xD

My Computer

Take it back...........
Best solution.

Or wipe the hard drive and reinstall everythin, which is frustrating, but should solve the problem.

~Lordbob

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5QC
    Memory
    2x2GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVidia GeForce 9500GT 1Gb
    Sound Card
    Mobo
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung SyncMaster 206bw
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SP2514N ATA 250Gb 7200RPM
    Samsung [Model] 1Tb 7200RPM SATA2
    PSU
    Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750W
    Keyboard
    Razer Tarantula
    Mouse
    Razer Lachesis
    Internet Speed
    not fast enough
Hi -

The bugcheck per your post is 0x9f (0x4, 0x258, 0x0, 0x0), with no probable cause listed (driver name). This was the 2nd BSOD as of that time on Jan 1, 2009.

0x9f = DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE = a driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.

Get the dump files (you'll have to copy them out to personal folder - like documents) - c:\windows\minidump and run these 2 items:

msinfo32 -
START | type msinfo32 - save as NFO file (default file extention)

Driver Query -
START | type cmd.exe | right-click on cmd.exe | select Run as admin | paste the following (to paste - right-click at top of cmd/DOS screen, select Edit, select Paste):
Code:
[B][FONT=Courier New]driverquery /v > "%temp%\0.txt" & start notepad "%temp%\0.txt"[/FONT][/B]

A Notepad will open; save as text file.

Zip up dumps, msinfo32 NFO file and DQ text file and attach to next post.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP dv7-1020us
    CPU
    Intel P7350 Core2 Duo @2GHz
    Memory
    4096mb DDR2 SDRAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT