bprotector

Does anyone know about "bprotector" and where it came from? A few days ago, I would get these two folders called bProtector and searchplugins everytime I would either delete or unzip a file or folder. Inside the "bProtector" folder, there was a folder with a six-digit number that made no sense. I used System Mechanic to disable the bprotector program and just today Malwarebytes deleted the program altogether, which is a relief. Until recently, I used google Chrome as my web browser (I have returned to Firefox, which I used prior) and often use video downloaders and gaming devices. Perhaps a corrupted dll file caused bProtector?

My Computer

This isn't a corrupted file. It is a malware. It does a very good job as posing as a program. It stands for browser protector. I have been having the same issues with it starting a week ago. I disabled the service...but I still get those folders randomly on my computer. It also made clicking links in programs like skype painfully long to u=open. However, since I stopped the service it is much better now. I still don't know what to do about the folders though, as the service isn't running anymore. Malwarebytes isn't picking it up for me....neither is AVG.

My Computer

Back