Bug I am experiancing...

jackosx

I am having a very anoying bug with vista! every 15 seconds my windows flash, and when i try and rename a file the flash causes the window to "refresh" and stops me from renaming the file or folder... has anyone else experienced this?

I am using genuine Microsoft windows vista ultimate x64,

I have all the latest Nvidia chipset and graphics drivers and my system is no sloutch..

thanks for any help...

My Computer

I have had this issue with my nvidia card too, goto the nvidia website and download the latest graphics driver for vista x64, it should be Version: 158.18 This fixed the problem for me, it might be your graphics card is slightly older or some anoying setting somewhere.
If this doesnt work there are a few more options to try.

I am having a very anoying bug with vista! every 15 seconds my windows flash, and when i try and rename a file the flash causes the window to "refresh" and stops me from renaming the file or folder... has anyone else experienced this?

I am using genuine Microsoft windows vista ultimate x64,

I have all the latest Nvidia chipset and graphics drivers and my system is no sloutch..

thanks for any help...

My Computer

thanks for your post, glad i am not the only one who is experiancing this, i have the up to date drivers, i will try the BETA ones now, thanks for the advice!

My Computer

I just installed the following drivers... 158.24_forceware_winvista_64bit_international.exe for my 7800GTX

still the windows are pulsing around every 15 seconds, this is getting quite anoying lol.

My Computer

I just installed the following drivers... 158.24_forceware_winvista_64bit_international.exe for my 7800GTX

still the windows are pulsing around every 15 seconds, this is getting quite anoying lol.

hmm...
I guess if you disable the aero interface it stops?
goto personalize on the desktop and goto "windows colour and appearance" then untick "enable transparency" see if that helps..

My Computer

Does this bug occur as soon as Windows is installed? Or does it occur after some app is installed? (or possibly in the process of installing). Sounds like some app might be fighting for attention to gain focus. Might be worth using msconfig (start -> search box -> 'msconfig') and unchecking any 3rd party services and startup programs - in case they are the cause. Failing that, I'd suggest a clean reinstall of Vista with the latest nVidia drivers.

My Computer

hmm...
I guess if you disable the aero interface it stops?
goto personalize on the desktop and goto "windows colour and appearance" then untick "enable transparency" see if that helps..

Thanks for trying again! no this doesn't work either still blinking every couple of seconds...

Does this bug occur as soon as Windows is installed? Or does it occur after some app is installed? (or possibly in the process of installing). Sounds like some app might be fighting for attention to gain focus. Might be worth using msconfig (start -> search box -> 'msconfig') and unchecking any 3rd party services and startup programs - in case they are the cause. Failing that, I'd suggest a clean reinstall of Vista with the latest nVidia drivers.

Thanks for the reply, yeah I did a fresh install of vista yesturday, thinking that this would sort the problem, installed all the correct drivers from the nvidia website, the bug doesn't happen when the nvidia graphics drivers are not installed, I would use the standard windows drivers but I like to play a few games every so often.

I guess I will have to wait until Nvidia addresses the problem.

My Computer

Back