Solved Can not uninstall "Connect" in Programs and Features

AngelFlonne

Hi, I have something listed as "Connect" in Programs and Features that will not uninstall. I tried looking for it in the uninstall parts of the registry for 64bit, but it does not appear to be listed, I tried the Microsoft Cleanup utility and also CCleaner.

The item is not selectable in Programs and Features and has no entry in any of its columns other than the Name column. The only program that seems to be able to recognize it is CCleaner but using "Delete Entry" returns the message "Cannot delete MSI Installer".

I have no idea what the application is, I'm guessing its part of some installer, it could be iTunes related as I un-installed iTunes today after it crashed my PC repeatedly.

My Computer

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Hewlett-Packard SR5019UK
    CPU
    AMD Athlon 64 processor 3800 + 2.40GHz
    Motherboard
    M2N68-LA (Narra)
    Memory
    2.50GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GeForce
    Sound Card
    Realtec ALC888 Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17" LCD Monitor
    Hard Drives
    160 Gb Usable Hard Drive
    Other Info
    HP G56 Laptop Win 7 64bit. 4Gb Ram DDR2's. Hitachi 450Gb Hard Drive. Pentium(R) Duel-Core CPU.
re: Can not uninstall "Connect" in Programs and Features

Solved.

My mistake partly, when I ran the downloaded Microsoft Cleanup Utility I thought I was running the application, I didn't realize it was just the installer. Shortly after posting I saw Microsoft Cleanup Utility in my Program list, ran it, "Cleanup" appeared in its list of installed applications and it let me remove it in a second. :D

I never found out what it was for sure but I'm looking at you iTunes. In fact I only upgraded iTunes to solve a different Apple related problem and it got even worse. iTunes will be staying off my otherwise perfectly running PC for some time now. :mad:

My Computer

Thanks Kesume. Actually that's a good link to have anyway. This is a really helpful forum, I've been lurking for years.

My Computer

Your ver welcome!
Happy it was 'so easy' LoL!
This is a great forum, and I thank you for your kind comments, much appreciated.
Happy Computing.

I guess we can mark this finished? That must be the easiest & quickest thread I've worked on, thank you! He! He!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Hewlett-Packard SR5019UK
    CPU
    AMD Athlon 64 processor 3800 + 2.40GHz
    Motherboard
    M2N68-LA (Narra)
    Memory
    2.50GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GeForce
    Sound Card
    Realtec ALC888 Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17" LCD Monitor
    Hard Drives
    160 Gb Usable Hard Drive
    Other Info
    HP G56 Laptop Win 7 64bit. 4Gb Ram DDR2's. Hitachi 450Gb Hard Drive. Pentium(R) Duel-Core CPU.
Back