cant install updates or any softwear

omgxitsxme

Whenever I try to install windows updates, i keep getting to errors. they are: Code 80070005 and Code 80070643.

Also, i am unable to install any softwear on my laptop. whenever to download some softwear, such as Skype, it tells me that i need permission to preform the action. I am the administrator on the laptop and the only one who uses it. I have never changed any settings and was able to download AIM when and softwear for my school for a while, but now I cant.

This is a reletivly new laptop, i got it in November from Dell with Vista Home Basic already installed.

Laptop Info:
Dell Inspiron 1501
1918mb
32-bit operating system

My Computer

Whenever I try to install windows updates, i keep getting to errors. they are: Code 80070005 and Code 80070643.

Also, i am unable to install any softwear on my laptop. whenever to download some softwear, such as Skype, it tells me that i need permission to preform the action. I am the administrator on the laptop and the only one who uses it. I have never changed any settings and was able to download AIM when and softwear for my school for a while, but now I cant.

This is a reletivly new laptop, i got it in November from Dell with Vista Home Basic already installed.

Laptop Info:
Dell Inspiron 1501
1918mb
32-bit operating system
Hello omgxitsxme,
Any reason you are doing update manually ? How lon ago this error messages first appeared ?
As to the permission issue : -
A.) Right click on the program you want to install, click Run As Administrator. See if you can install now. If no, go to ----
B.) Enable the real built-in admin, log on to it, and do the installing. Link below :

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67567-administrator-account.html

Please reply if it works or not.

My Computer

Hello omgxitsxme,
Any reason you are doing update manually ? How lon ago this error messages first appeared ?
As to the permission issue : -
A.) Right click on the program you want to install, click Run As Administrator. See if you can install now. If no, go to ----
B.) Enable the real built-in admin, log on to it, and do the installing. Link below :

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67567-administrator-account.html

Please reply if it works or not.

this has been going on since the beginning of january. i did as you said and i was still unable to install the windows updates. i was able to install skype. also i have been having trouble installing the latest Adobe Flash Player. i keep getting this error
2128827660069914271pKWcgh

My Computer

this has been going on since the beginning of january. i did as you said and i was still unable to install the windows updates. i was able to install skype. also i have been having trouble installing the latest Adobe Flash Player. i keep getting this error
[URL="http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2128827660069914271pKWcgh?vhost=good-times"][/URL]
Hello omgxitsxme,
1. Your attachment does not work, repost please.
2. You did not neglect to mention you have SP1, did you ?
3. Error 80070643 . Update name please. Does it have anything to do with Office 2003, or Live One Care ?
4 Error 80070005. Click the link below. An answer from Tim Quan, MSFT, might be for you.

windows update error 80070005 - TechNet Forums

My Computer

Back