Connection problems...PLEASE HELP!!!

hfbs1234

I just got a new computer (3 weeks if that matters) and I set up a wireless network, but with a couple of problems. I bought a PCI card and a wireless router and set them up fine, but my connection fails every couple of seconds-minutes and I'm starting to get really fed up. I have a Belkin G wireless router and a D-Link PCI card. I'm in the basement and my other desktop is one floor up. Another problem is that my system tray icon for the Belkin Wireless thing says I'm not connected no matter what I do. It took me almost 10 minutes to write and post this because my connection resets every five danged seconds. If you have ever seen or heard of this problem than any help or advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

My Computer

Does it say whay kind of signal quality you are getting on the PC itself?

"system tray icon for the Belkin Wireless thing" Doesnt the pc have a D-link card? If you have software looking for belkin hardware this would explain that :P

My Computer

Hi thanks for replying so quickly. I haven't been on this computer because of the connection problem.

My signal quality says "Fair". My PC has a Belkin wireless card that I installed myself. My host computer (upstairs) has a D-Link wireless router that I also installed myself. I will try my best to make a map here.

Host--->modem--->wireless router--->my desktop

I hope I helped you help me :p:p:p

Thanks again.

Last edited:

My Computer

Back