Solved Error Launching Marketing Campaign in Outlook 7

Thank you for the heads up on what to look for in the updates.

Now, the news we have been waiting for!! The New database seems to be working properly -yeah! (At least in testing) I have not yet executed a full campaign, but the functions that were not working now appear correct.

I exported and imported in .csv format and most all fields populated. Had to import Business Contacts and Accounts separately. Unfortunately, each Business Contact is associated with (actually created from within) an Account - that connection did not import. The upside is at least the Business Contacts imported with their Category intact (something I painstakingly updated several months ago when I realized the benefits of pulling reports by that value - so glad I did). I tried launching from Publisher and again, all seems to be fine. The old database is still intact, so I'll print that report (hopefully it will print) and manually reassign the accounts. A month ago, I would have been annoyed about this extra task and today, I feel blessed - funny how that works!!

Again, thank you so much for your assistance and support througout this process - I really needed the moral support as well as the technical savy.

A note on the Forum and Website - it has been a very easy site to manuever and work with and so thankful I found it.

Well, I'll share my findings in my other posts.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Studio XPS 1640
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 (2.4GHz/1066Mhz FSB/3M L2 Cache)
    Memory
    4GB
It was my pleasure - glad I was able to help in whatever ways I helped - and thanks for the feedback (it is much appreciated).

I'm overjoyed to hear this! So you consider the issue now resolved? That's great!! It sounds like you still have some cleanup work to do, but the problem itself is fixed so it's just a matter of correcting the information in the database which may take time but is just normal updating - then you can start sending Marketing Campaigns again as if nothing happened. I'm not sure if it's available, but if BCM has a feature to backup these databases I'd start doing so on a daily basis to avoid this ever happening again.

Don't forget to close out the thread by clicking the far right triangular icon at the top of your post and typing "solved" in the box and submitting it. The moderators will notice and put a green check next to the thread title. That way others seeking answers by searching the forums will know that this thread contains a solution to the issue identified in the title - and people seeking to help will not waste time checking out this thread since it has been resolved.

And welcome to Vista Forums! Now that you know where we are, bookmark the site and post anytime you have further questions or problems or if you just want to browse and learn (especially the Tutorial section offers some excellent advice on a wide variety of topics) or even if you want to try to help answer a question if you happen to see one where you know the answer and it hasn't already been posted. While it most likely won't be me the next time (though it might), there are many very skilled, experienced, knowledgeable, and friendly people here who, like me, volunteer their time to help others and one or maybe even several will respond to your post to assist you. While there are other forums on the web that do this sort of thing, you've now found what I think is the best (and I've posted in and/or checked out quite a few) so don't lose this link - you never know when it might come in handy again.

Good luck and best wishes.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inc. MP061 Inspiron E1705
    CPU
    2.00 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo 64 kilobyte primary memory
    Motherboard
    Board: Dell Inc. 0YD479 Bus Clock: 166 megahertz
    Memory
    2046 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) [Di
    Sound Card
    SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Generic PnP Monitor (17.2"vis)
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Hitachi HTS541616J9SA00 [Hard drive] (160.04 GB) -- drive 0, s/n SB2411SJGLLRMB, rev SB4OC74P, SMART Status: Healthy
    Case
    Chassis Serial Number: 5YK95C1
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse
    Internet Speed
    1958 Kbps download ; 754.8 Kbps upload
    Other Info
    Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-5540A ATA Device [CD-ROM drive]

Dell AIO Printer A940

Conexant HDA D110 MDC V.92 Modem

6TO4 Adapter
    Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller
    Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
    Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Router Linksys / WRT54G -01
Oh, this site was bookmarked a long time ago!! I realized how well organized it was and knew it was a place I needed to be. Like I told a surgeon some years ago, "you were wonderful and I hope I never need you again!" - (He was brilliant and wore a Looney Tunes tie - you have to love that!).

Forgot to mention - Yes, I will be backing up the database on a regular basis. I back up the computer (scheduled for once a week) sometimes 2-3 times a week depending on data changes.

BCM database is actually backed up separately!! - I was a little surprised by that.

Although in a previous post, I mentioned we had trouble exporting/importing using the .bcm extension (this was importing into a different user). Because some data was missing (minor data) from the separate import of accounts and business contact, I did try again to use the .bcm extension import (this time into a new database within the same user) and all data imported correctly (and campaign launch appears to be working correctly).

Hope this helps anyone having similar problems.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Studio XPS 1640
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 (2.4GHz/1066Mhz FSB/3M L2 Cache)
    Memory
    4GB
Back