F:\Desktop Missing?

kittiepop

So whenever I log into this computer or open the computer folders a message pops up that says:
F:\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the Internet or your network, and then try again. If it still cannot be located, the information might have been moved to a different location.

Because of this I cannot download updates for things like window live.
Please help me

My Computer

Start out by running a clean boot.

Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup - Windows 7 Forums

Run msconfig.exe. Under the Services tab, checkmark the box "Hide all Microsoft..." and then checkmark the box to disable all services. Under the Startup tab, checkmark the box "disable....". Reboot, does the problem still occur?

If not, run msconfig.exe again, enabling all the Services (don't enable the Startup items) and reboot. Does the problem occur. If so, something is amok in Services.

If not, look at the Startup items to see if there is anything that shouldn't be running at startup. You'll have to use your judgement. You could try enabling a few things at a time and rebooting until you isolate the problem.

In all cases, restore the Services and Startup back to the way they were as soon as you're done troubleshooting.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP2
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Intel Quad CPU Q6700 2.67 GHZ
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB